2018/19 NTFL Membership Terms and Conditions
AFL Northern Territory
- 1.1 Concession Members must hold a valid Pension Card – aged, single parent, disability or veterans affairs, A Health Care, Health Benefit or Seniors card. Students must be enrolled full-time to qualify for concession membership. A copy of a valid concession card needs to be provided with the membership application.
- 1.2 Juniors must be 17 years or under as at October 1, 2018. (ie born after October 1, 2000). This includes juniors in a family and individual memberships.
- 1.3 All family memberships consist of two adults and up to two children (under 17 years as outlined at point 1.2). Any additional members aged under 17 years will be required to purchase an individual membership. Juniors 9 and under have free access to matches.
- 1.4 The number of junior members who are part of this family must be nominated at the time of the application being submitted.
- 1.5 NTFL membership cards are non transferable. The membership card always remains the responsibility of the member.
- 1.6 The membership card remains the property of AFLNT.
- 1.7 All NTFL membership packages are seasonal memberships. The respective membership fee for each membership is valid for one season only. All memberships expire at the end of each respective season.
- 1.8 NTFL does not accept any responsibility for membership cards that are lost, stolen or destroyed. Lost membership cards should be reported to AFLNT on 08 8980 4801 to be replaced.
- 1.9 All members must comply with AFL Northern Territory’s (AFLNT) Code of Conduct and game entry terms and conditions. Any violation may result in membership being withdrawn from the offending party.
- 1.10 AFLNT reserves the right to refuse any application. The Club also reserves the right to cancel a membership without refund to any member in breach of these terms and conditions.
- 1.11 Members should notify AFLNT of any changes of address or contact details for all memberships. Members’ change of contact details may be completed in writing, through their online membership account, via an email from an email address already registered with AFLNT; or over the phone after the details have been verified.
- 1.12 All members are issued with an account ID and password for their NTFL account. It is the member’s responsibility to protect this information. AFLNT is not responsible for any changes that are made on this site if the member allows access to their account by another party.
- 1.13 All Members with game access need to use their membership card to access AFLNT games.
- 1.14 NTFL Members can gain access to all NTFL games at all NTFL venues including NTFL finals.
2. KANTILLAS BAR
- 2.1 All members over the age of 18 are able to gain access to Kantillas bar and can sign in four additional people during the NTFL Season.
- 2.2 Dress standards in Kantillas Members bar apply; thongs, singlets, team playing uniforms are not permitted.
- 2.3. Parents must strictly supervise children under the age of 18 at all times.
- 3.1 Payment of your NTFL membership fee may be made online or over the phone via Visa or Mastercard or in person via Visa, Mastercard, Cheque, Money Order, Cash or EFTPOS.
- 3.2 Payments can be made in monthly installments (5 payments), the first installment will be taken on sign up with the remaining payments taken on the 10th of each month from October 10 to January 10. For sign ups after October, missed monthly payments will be charged on sign up. A $1 transaction fee will apply on each monthly payment. Failed payments may incur additional costs, please see the payment plan terms and conditions for further information.
- 3.3 Any person seeking a refund must do so in writing, addressed to the Chief Operating Officer. All requests for refunds will be considered but not guaranteed.
- 3.4 All membership prices for season 2018/19 are inclusive of GST.
- 4.2 Pursuant to the No Smoking laws in the Northern Territory, all NTFL venues are non-smoking.
- 4.3 AFLNT may from time to time where reasonably necessary vary the terms and conditions of NTFL Membership. AFLNT will communicate any change to its membership terms and conditions via the AFLNT website. Members will have no claim against AFL NT by reason of any change made to its membership terms and conditions.
AFL Northern Territory Monthly Instalments Payment Plan Terms & Conditions
- This monthly instalment payment plan is available on all NTFL Memberships.
- By committing to monthly instalments, the member authorises AFLNT to arrange a transfer of funds from the members’ nominated credit card for the amount applicable to the members’ membership type.
- Payments must be made using Visa or MasterCard only.
- The monthly plan will be split into five equal instalments. The first instalment of 20% will be debited on the date of purchase, with further payments of 20% on the 1st of each month from 1 October 2018 until 1 January 2018 unless full payment is made beforehand.
- There will be a $5.00 transaction fee for the first payment.
- Members who sign up after October 10 will need to pay any monthly instalments missed along with the initial payment.
- If a member wishes to opt out of the monthly plan with money still owing, all outstanding payments must be complete at the time of opting out.
- If any payment fails to transfer between institutions on the 20th of any month, further attempts will be made throughout the month to attempt to clear the fund transfer. The member will be contacted via SMS, email, phone and/or post to advise the member of any failed payments.
- If the members’ debit is returned or dishonoured by the members’ financial institution the member will be contacted requesting immediate payment. Any fees levied to the member by the members’ financial institution will be payable by the member. It is the members’ responsibility to ensure that: a. the credit card details the member have provided are valid/correct b. the member has sufficient clear funds available in the nominated account on the scheduled drawing date
- If a member makes a monthly payment online through their online account, the card used for their latest payment will automatically be applied for all future instalments.
- Members will not be provided with reminders or invoices prior to each payment plan instalment.
- AFLNT may suspend the membership if on two consecutive occasions the members’ financial institution does not honour the payment.
- If the member is not up to date with payments, members will not be able to gain access to games or membership entitlements and the members’ membership will not be reinstated until overdue payments are made.
- If the member believes that a withdrawal has been initiated incorrectly, please contact AFLNT on 08 8980 4801.